I feel so warm and fuzzy inside because dear wonderful A.J Reeves over at MilesofPages nominated me for this award – honestly I have had such a warm welcome to the blogging community and couldn’t be more pleased!
Here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
5. Notify these blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Ok! Sounds fun!
1) What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
Oh my goodness, this is such a good question to start because I am SO INTO films. There’s a lot I would love to see, but my particular brand of humour would very much enjoy Goodfellas: The Musical, or perhaps Pulp Fiction.
2) What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
Dolls. Dolls are the creepiest fucking things and we would all be better off without films like Chuckie and Annabel.
3) What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
A skull…on a dark shelf…in a dark cellar…
4) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
Recently going over old photos, I found one of me in flared jeans, a bright yellow t shirt, a camouflage baseball cap, and black and white striped arm warmers. I have nothing to say.
5) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
The trees that grab at Snow White when she’s lost in the forest had me in fits of tears. Also, the stampede scene in Jumanji left me sitting on the stairs because I refused to go up to bed out of fear a rhino would run me down.
6) If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
I live in China, I don’t think anyone would be very surprised. They would probably assume I’d been caught using a VPN or some such rubbish.
7) What secret conspiracy would you like to start?
*stoner voice* hey man…are feet shoes??
8) What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
I feel like I really have to say dragons, because honestly? Dragons. Honestly though, I can’t see any creatures really improving the world. Knowing us, we’d kill them or hunt them or fight them so much they would wish they’d never turned up.
9) You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
I would create real live mermaids! Find a way to put gills on a person and send them into the ocean depths to meet Cthulu!
10) What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
You pissmidgeted, spunk trumpeted, cockwombling, knob jockey!
11) If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?
Hmmmm. I would try to appeal to their logic, I suppose, always be very polite and enquire after my loved ones. I would ask my closest friends and family to judge for themselves if I’ve gone bonkers, and hope they would help me!
Now for 11 random facts:
- I have a very obsessive personality.
- My little fingers are crooked.
- I’m learning the ukulele.
- My favourite alcoholic drink is whisky.
- I doodle a lot, mostly women’s faces and eyes.
- I used to hate kindles, now mine is glued to me.
- My favourite films are the Lord of the Rings trilogy, American Beauty, and Moulin Rouge!
- Winter is my favourite season and I LOVE dressing for winter.
- I have a ‘creepy’ playlist on my iTunes which I love to listen to when writing.
- I have a dog called Fizz back in England – she’s a lurcher.
- I once ate so many strawberry nutri-grain bars in one go that now I feel sick just looking at them.
And here are my 11 questions!
- God appears before you. “Hey friend,” he says, “because you’re so great, I’m allowing you to choose your own life expectancy. How long do you fancy being alive for?” You could be alive indefinitely if you so choose – how many years do you ask for?
- If you could be incredibly talented at one thing, what would you choose?
- What would you like to be famous for?
- Where is your favourite place you have ever been?
- If you could only wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- Who is your favourite classic Disney character of all time?
- Which book would you just ADORE a one of a kind, cloth bound, beautifully illustrated copy of?
- If you could know the answer to one world mystery or conspiracy theory, what would you pick?
- Who was your childhood crush, and why?
- Who is your current crush, and why?
- What is your favourite internet meme that never fails to make you smile?